Date(s) - 04/28/2023 - 04/30/2023
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Iris Healing Center
20300 Ventura Blvd Suite 245
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
Brainspotting is a powerful focused treatment method that works by identifying processing and releasing core neurophysiological sources of emotional/body pain, trauma, dissociation and a variety of other challenging symptoms” (David Grand, Ph D.). A “Brainspot” is the eye position that is related to the energetic/emotional activation of a traumatic or emotionally charged issue within the brain. With its researched results and growing reputation for efficacy and rapid healing (thousands now trained in 30 countries), Brainspotting is quickly becoming one of the most sought after therapy treatments available today.
Through lecture, live demonstration, and practicums, participants of this introductory level course will learn to do the following:
- Summarize the standards of care and professional practice of the International Brainspotting Association
- Describe the hypothesized neurological underpinnings of how Brainspotting works
- Summarize the research that supports the hypothesized way in which eye positions activate and access mid-brain activity
- Explain the uncertainty principle as it relates to Brainspotting
- Describe the concepts of simultaneous neurobiological and relational attunement
- Explain the importance of client-therapist attunement during Brainspotting
- Explain how the treatment frame is set and held by the therapist
- Explain the role of focused mindfulness in Brainspotting
- Discuss the similarities and differences between the activation and resource models of Brainspotting
- Explain the concept of limbic countertransference
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the outside window Brainspotting technique
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the inside window Brainspotting technique
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the gaze spot Brainspotting technique
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the resource model Brainspotting technique
- Assess the appropriate Brainspotting techniques for the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder, including the Dissociative Subtype, and other trauma-related symptoms.
- Describe two challenges to assessing and providing evidence-based treatment to individuals with complex PTSD
We value diversity–We believe this is key to a richer and more impactful learning environment. Trainings are open to all counselors, psychologists, social workers and others in the healing professions with strong clinical backgrounds, as well as students/interns in the mental health field who seek to expand their knowledge.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
Training will open at 8:30am on the first day.
Training runs from 9am-6pm each day
For Inquires Contact Michael at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Dr. Frey
Pie Frey, PsyD. is a psychotherapist in private practice in Boulder, Colorado. She has worked in mental health settings, adolescent treatment programs and private practice since 1982. Dr. Frey works with adolescents and adults. Specialties include working with all types of trauma, including childhood trauma; sexual abuse; addictions, mood and anxiety disorders; traumatic brain injuries; and trans-generational issues. She also has expertise working with performance enhancement, mind-body issues and spirituality. She has also developed a Brainspotting protocol for relieving obsessive-compulsive symptoms.
R. Cassidy Continuing Education Credits
This event may be eligible for 21 CE hours for some therapists, depending on state and degree, through R. Cassidy Seminars. Please check eligibility in your state.
If R. Cassidy Seminars is not an approved sponsor of continuing education in the state in which you are licensed, please click here to find out if it is possible to receive credit for continuing education from an approved sponsor of another state licensing board.
If you are eligible for CE Hours from R. Cassidy Seminars you may register before or after the actual training, after you register with Dr Frey.
Cancelation Policy: We understand situations arise. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please contact us using the contact form on this website: https://drpiefrey.com/contact/
We will provide you with a full refund if you cancel up to 14 days before the event (less $50 administrative fee*). After that, we will provide you with a full credit toward a replacement course, valid for one (1) year.
*(Full refund in special circumstances, less administrative fee $50)
IMPORTANT: Please be sure to enter the Attendee’s mailing information before proceeding to payment/checkout. This is especially important if you are completing a registration for someone else.
Registrations are closed for this event.